Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Little Tokyo: Urameshi-Ya Japanese Resto, Yakiniku Place

Little Tokyo: Urameshi-Ya Japanese Resto, Yakiniku Place

I have always been a fan of Japanese food. I don't eat sushi though - but that's a different story. One of my dreams is to travel to Japan and experience the nice views as seen in pictures and movies. I also want to try out the food of course! There are a lot of Japanese restaurants here in the Philippines but it's still different when you get to eat it from where it originated.

Anyway, my dream of going to Japan and eating authentic Japanese food may just come true! Well... Sort of. One Saturday afternoon, my cousins and I decided to go to Little Tokyo located along Pasong Tamo, Makati. It's a cool place! It's a small area comprised of different Japanese Restaurants that serve authentic Japanese food.



It really does look like a mini Japanese village of some sort inside! And this made us more excited to try one of their restaurants. We decided to try out Urameshiya Japanese Restaurant. It's a Yakiniku Place and I can't wait to grill some meat!

Inside the resto has dimmer lighting. They had tons of manga (Japanese comics) and sake (Japanese rice wine) displayed.




They make you take off your shoes once you've settled in your table.



Since we were on a semi-tight budget, we did not want to order anything that goes way beyond what we should spend. It took a while for us to order because the menu was in Japanese! They had the title of the set but we didn't know what it is. The waitress recommended the Wagyu set (sounds delish but too expensive for 5 people - P3,000+), I think that is one of their bestsellers. However, we went on and tried the Omakase set which seems like a fair price.


They served salad and kimchi as appetizers. The salad is a bit spicy but interesting and the kimchi tastes good (according to my cousin).


Finally, what we have been waiting for! The Omakase Set! This consists of two kinds of beef and two types of pork plus a half cup of rice. I don't really get why they only included A HALF cup of rice in the set with this much meat. This made us order two more cups that's P115 each! That costs too much for a cup of rice, but we were really hungry, and maybe that's why they didn't include more rice in the set (I'm just assuming or I just really love Japanese rice). Anyway, they also provided the charcoal set for us to grill it in.





It was really yummy especially when you dip the meat in their special sauce. It's fun to grill your own meat but just make sure to grill the pork WELL (this goes for all grill-your-own-meat places).

This was a good Japanese food trip experience! Somewhat close to my "Experience-Japanese-Food-in-Japan-while-looking-at-nice-Japanese-scenery Dream". Overall, the food that we ordered tasted awesome! Going to a Yakiniku place is always more enjoyable when you are with a group of friends or family. You will spend more or less P400-P1000 each depending on what you order. We did not order much since it's not lunch nor dinner yet (we were just a bit hungry haha!) but I did not regret spending for this and I'm definitely going back to try the others offered in their menu like the Spicy Noodles and other restaurants too (hoping it's cheaper)! I also did not regret smelling like grilled meat after since I had a happy tummy. But next time I'm sure to bring an extra shirt and some alcohol.

Now it's time to save up for that Wagyu Set!

No comments:

Post a Comment